Wednesday 15 April 2009

READER ADVISORY


SOME of you may be wondering what became of the posting "Fiji Agonistes" which I posted on Easter Sunday. Tim Selwyn over at Tumeke has even written an angry post querying its disappearance.
The answer, of course, is that I deleted it.
Why?
Because I wrote the posting in anger. Because I wrote it badly. Because it was unfair to Lew over at Kiwipolitico. And because, politically speaking, it was crap.
Bowalley Road is not a diary - it's a portfolio. What's more, it's my portfolio. If I post something which later strikes me as being of poor quality, or unfair, or politically misguided, I reserve the right to get rid of it.
If that offends the sensibilities of some blogosphere purists, then I'm sorry. But, for me, a blog is a creative enterprise, and, like all creative enterprises, subject to redaction.
Here endeth the lesson.
CHRIS TROTTER.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's supposed to be a woman's perogative to change her mind but in the itnerests of equality we need to allow men to have second thoughts too.